One of the all time favorite dishes on campus here at James Madison University is Buffalo Mashed Potatoes, or just “Buffalo Mash” for short. Its one of those dishes that you just simply crave for no reason around here at JMU, it makes my mouth water just writing about it. During lunch the other day my friends and I were discussing how we have not seen “Buffalo Mash” at the dining hall almost all semester. We aren’t sure if it was discontinued or if we just eat on campus on the wrong days. Whatever the reason may be for the recent absence of “Buffalo Mash” it is extremely disappointing. I have decided to bring back this JMU favorite right here in my kitchen. I hope you enjoy the bite this “Buffalo Mash” brings!
What you will need:
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Buffalo wing sauce (I’m using Frank’s Red Hot)
- Follow the directions on the instant mashed potatoes box combining the appropriate amounts of potato, butter, salt, milk and water as directed.
- Cover the chicken in a decent amount of buffalo sauce and put it in a pan to cook over the stovetop
- Leave chicken in pan on medium heat until fully cooked.
- In a bowl, first coat the bottom of the bowl in a decent amount of mashed potatoes
- Next, place the fully cooked chicken on top
- Finally, add as much buffalo sauce to the top of the dish as desired. (The more sauce the spicier the dish will be)